Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Here

Although I'm sure there's no one checking anymore.

Since opening my home daycare in October, time for blogging is really limited. These guys keep me super busy all day so sitting down to the computer is not a luxury I have much time for anymore.

In mid-October I started with one family, with a 3-year old son and a 6-year old daughter, just like our kids. It was a really great fit and things started off really well for the most part.

The big problem has been Wesley's adjustment. He has been used to having me all to himself and doing what he likes throughout the day, so having another little guy around all day long was a bit of a shock to his system. He also wasn't big on sharing his toys all the time. For the first few weeks it seemed that he spent more time in time out than he did playing. But as time went on he seemed to get used to it and was doing a lot better.

Then we added another girl to the mix and it started all over again. The new girl can be a bit bossy and is the youngest sibling with teenaged brothers. She is really not used to having little guys around and doesn't like it much. It has caused some real problems. She and Wesley are like oil and water. He can do great all day long but then he freaks out as soon as she joins us at the end of the day. I'm still trying to figure out how to get both of them be a bit more patient with each other.

It's been an interesting adjustment for all of us, but we're still pretty sure that this is the right choice for our family right now.

Aside from that, we're settling in for our first winter in Ottawa. We got our first snow on Halloween, and have had little bits here and there since then. Last night was our first real dumping of snow. And wouldn't you know it, Nick is out of town so all the shoveling is up to me. We drove the girls to school this morning and then the boys and I came home to do the shoveling. It was good fun. We followed it up with some yummy hot chocolate and it made for a pretty great morning all around.

Nick is in Windsor for a couple of days settling up a case he was involved in before we left Windsor. Weather permitting he will be home around midnight tonight. He's staying with Jerilee and Fred so I'm pretty bummed about that.

I think that's our update for now. I will keep updating from time to time, so please keep checking back if you're still out there!

3 Comments:

Blogger erict said...

Hey Sue, I still follow your blog. I get an update in my feed reader whenever you post something new.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Believe it or not, I'm still checking too! :-) I'm not sure anyone is reading mine either anymore! :-)

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Your no facebook account sister still checks in! And your niece, always looking for new pictures.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home