Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting Ready


The new season of the Amazing Race is starting on Sunday night. I'm so excited. They've got the teams lined up at cbs.com. The team selection seems to be pretty formulaic. The married couple (wife must be a housewife who's never been outside her home), the gay couple, the hot girls, the model guys, a parent/child team and an older couple. This season they seem to have made a couple of variations. There isn't an older couple and there are two married couple teams. One team (Dave and Mary) seems to fit their typical married couple team. Look for this team to be eliminated early. The other married couple (Vipul and Arti) have a lot of travel experience and speak several languages. They could be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't remember ever starting with three all-female teams before. Hopefully one them will make it to the final three at least.

One team that intrigues me is Peter and Sarah. This woman was featured in one of Nick's triathlon magazines one time. She is an ironman racer, and she races with a prosthetic limb. Her partner is also an ironman competitor, so they're both obviously incredibly strong. I've got my eye on these two to go far.

I'm not making any picks until after I watch Sunday night's episode. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home