Friday, March 09, 2007

Instruments

Darcy has always been fascinated with music. She loves it. She loves to listen to music and she loves to sing. One of her latest tricks is to turn everything into an instrument.

Yesterday morning when we got in the car to go to the babysitter's house, we realized we had left some drycleaning in the car the day before. Darcy started rubbing her hands along the plastic covering and squeezing it in different places. Nick eventually took the clothes inside and Darcy started to cry, "He took my instrument!"

Then last night as I was getting supper ready (her favourite, spaghetti), I was in the cupboard getting out a pot to boil water and Darcy came up beside me and said, "I need to get my instruments". So, I told her to go ahead and she got out some pots and lids and proceeded to make a lot of noise. She used to do this constantly, but hasn't done it for a long time.

She doesn't seem to be very interested in the real instruments we have for her at home, mostly in making new ones out of other things. I just love seeing her imagination in action.

I asked her this morning what a good reward would be if she can go all day without an "accident" at the babysitter's house. Like Mommy's good girl, her immediate response was "chocolate!" So, if she has a good day we'll get a special chocolate treat tonight. I'm not holding my breath. Does this mean I don't get chocolate if she doesn't?

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

You DEFINITELY get the chocolate! And make sure Darcy sees you eat it. You can tell her that YOU used the toilet all day and therefore get some chocolate. Sounds mean, but that's what I'd do!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas is in to "instruments", but his are toys or objects that he holds up to his mouth and hums.

He used Grandpa's trombone stand a couple of weeks ago at their place. He put an end in his mouth and hummed.

Also his little basketball net. He hauls it up and carries it around humming. We call that one the tuba.

And of course, the plastic diaper changing box we have is a drum.

He also likes to lead the band with anything stick like.

We should have had a cousin band last weekend!!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home