Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back in the Saddle

So, we're back home in Windsor, safe and sound. Aside from our eventful trip up to Cambridge on Thursday we had a great weekend.

Darcy loved playing with her cousins, Laura and Lucas. The three of them (especially the two girls) spent a lot of time giggling together. It's so great to watch them.

Thanks to my cousin-in-law Sherri for the loan of some early pregnancy pants. I'm feeling much more comfortable today as a result. Thanks also for bringing Jonah by on Sunday afternoon for some fun times. We built a huge alphabet puzzle on the floor, then the kids turned it into some sort of Saturday Night Fever-type dance floor. Good fun. Again, a lot of giggling.

Thanks to my mom for a delicious turkey dinner on Sunday afternoon!

The drive home was interesting yesterday, but nothing like Thursday night. When we went to get on the 401, we saw that it was at a complete standstill. With a few calls to my parents, we were able to reroute ourselves to a different entrance to the highway, avoiding all the trouble. Then for the rest of the way we still dealt with wind, blowing and snow and low visibility, but Nick managed it all wonderfully and we're home safely.

When we got home Nick went to work and Darcy and I went to McDonald's. The day care at our church was having a fundraiser there, so we went to check it out. I learned that Darcy is afraid of the Playplace. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get her out of there, but instead I couldn't get her in there. She went in the first little bit of the climber but got so overwhelmed she just sat down and cried. I had to go and talk her out of the little tube and no amount of coaxing could get her back in. Whenever I suggested it she said, "No thanks, I'll just stay out here with Mommy."

Also, if you didn't know this (I didn't, because we never go to McDonald's), they have a free mini ice cream cone for young children. It's tiny, but really just the right amount for someone Darcy's size. She would only have made a huge mess with the big one. Thanks to the McD's guy who told me about it, instead of letting me waste my money and make a big mess with the other one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do all McDonald's have the mini cones? I've never heard of them either. They just let us pay the full amount!

We go to McDonald's very infrequently as well. I don't think Laura likes the Playplace as much as I thought she would either. She's afraid of the climbing too.

Definately a great weekend with the Titcombes!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home