Monday, March 31, 2008

No More Soccer Mom

Darcy had her final soccer class this past weekend. As with ballet the parents got to sit in on the class and watch everything the kids learned. She really seemed to have a blast with the soccer.

This was an hour long class and she seemed to be really losing interest by the end of the hour. I asked her about it later (because the teachers always told us she did well in class) and she said she was just excited to have us there. She kept pointing Wesley out to the teachers and her friends or stopping to wave at us. They did a few little soccer skills games and then played a game of soccer (with really no rules and no positions, just a bunch of kids running after the ball). During the skills games she did great but during the soccer game she preferred to hold hands with another girl and run around usually in the opposite direction from the ball. At one point she was involved in a game of ring around the rosy.

Her next swimming lessons are at the same time as the next soccer session so she's taking a bit of a break from soccer. Only ballet and swimming now.

Wesley now has two teeth and that still seems to be affecting his sleep. One night over the weekend he had me up three times (twice before Nick even got home from work!). He's such a happy little guy during the day whether he sleeps well or not, but I'm not and neither is Darcy. His wakefulness is keeping her up and that's making her pretty cranky some days.

Nick worked from 3 -12 last night so the kids and I were on our own for dinner. Something had spilled over in my oven the other day and when I was making supper last night it started to smoke and set off the smoke alarm. Wesley doesn't like loud noises and this started him crying and I had a hard time settling him down. When I was cleaning up after supper he was still crying in his high chair and Darcy told me she had to use the bathroom. I sent her downstairs while I finished up in the kitchen. She had barely gotten down there when I heard her screaming for me. I went running downstairs and found that she had fallen in the toilet. She forgot to put her potty seat down and fell right in. It was hard not to laugh. I got her cleaned up and meanwhile Wesley is still crying in his high chair. I finally got them both settled down and in bed. Fun times!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope there was some medicinal purpose chocolate for you after all that!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't kids always seem to need you at the same time?! Our kids do that too.

Lucas forgot to put the potty seat on a few months ago, and also fell in. I admit, I had to chuckle too.

Does your smoke alarm have the 'hush' mode? We had to get that type because our oven sets it off a lot. The chirp is annoying, but not as much as the alarm. And safer then unhooking the battery.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sue you sure having some fun times.Im sure Darcy is going to be just like you.Too funny.

Donna

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home