Thursday, March 13, 2008

Customer Service

Several months ago my cousin Krista introduced me to the Green Beaver company, a Canadian company making all-natural personal care items. Their products can be hard to find but I tried their grapefruit and aloe facial cleanser and loved it. I got my first tube while we were in Cambridge in the fall and it has lasted me since then.

While looking for the products in Windsor I was told by my local Nutrition House store that they don't carry the products in the store but that they could order them for me. So when I was getting near the end of my cleanser I went in and asked if they could order it. There was a young girl working by herself. She said she didn't know how to do that but she took my information and said she'd check with the manager and call me back the next day. No call came. I was back at the mall a week later so I went to see what was going on. Nothing had been done with my original request so they told me they'd look after it right away. Two weeks go by and I go back to the store again. This time the assistant manager was there and she was pretty rude to me saying that no one had called head office yet to see if the product could even be ordered but that she'd do it right away. I asked why I should believe that when I'd already been told that twice and nothing had happened. Her response was, "I don't know what to tell you." I left the store.

I emailed the head office of the chain and let them know what had happened. A week went by and I heard nothing in response to my email. Needless to say I was pretty disgusted with Nutrition House. Two days ago I got a parcel in the mail. It was from Nutrition House. It contained a hand-written letter of apology, an explanation of how their special order system has been revised because of problems like this, 2 tubes of Green Beaver facial cleanser ($15 each) as well as $20 in gift certificates for my next purchase in the store.

I was impressed. No one tried to pass the buck, they took responsibility for their crummy service and showed that they want my business. My only thought would be that someone at the head office should have at least responded to my email to let me know they were acting on my concerns. So I will give them another try. In the meantime I've got $30 in free cleanser to use, plus $20 more stuff to buy. Sweet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Hey, that's amazing!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Awesome Sue! I'm sure the folks at Green Beaver would be interested to hear this example of the customer service (good and bad)provided by one of their major distributors...

So glad you're loving their products as much as I am! :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger nickt said...

We all have our price. Now I know what your's is!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home