Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Little Brother

Darcy keeps telling us how much she loves her brother and how much she loves being a big sister. I have a feeling that will all be changing very soon as Wesley becomes more mobile and gets into her things more. She is starting to get a pretty good idea of what having a little brother can be all about.

Here's what happened this morning...

Lately we've ended up with both kids in bed with us in the mornings. Nick, Darcy and I lay there and Wesley kind of crawls all over us. He gets really excited to see each one of us and tries to give us slobbery kisses. He was giving Darcy a big kiss this morning when she suddenly started to scream. He had bitten her cheek so hard that it was hard for me to break him away from her. She had a good mark there for a few minutes.

When she was eating her breakfast Wesley was crawling around on the living room floor (which leads right into the dining room and Darcy's chair is closest to the living room). He kept crawling over to her chair, pulling himself up on it and poking her in the bum. Nick or I would move him away from her but he'd crawl right back and do it again.

Later, she was on the couch as Wesley was getting ready to go for his nap. I brought him over to give her a kiss before I took him upstairs. She was so concerned about him biting her again that she didn't realize he had a handful of her hair (and neither did I) until he ripped a few strands out.

This was all before 8:30!

Of course there are times when they're together and they giggle uncontrollably. I love those times but I fear they will become fewer and farther in between over the next few months.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Suey,

Just make sure she doesn't order a pizza in the next 15 years. She may be like a big sister I know.



Brian

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait until they start throwing cereal and/or throwing kool-aid at each other!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home