Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Why Not???

Tonight while we were eating supper the skies opened up and rain started pouring down. We had been expecting rain all day, so it wasn't that big of a surprise, but it was loud and there was lots of it. Darcy heard it and said, "I guess we shouldn't go out to play after supper!" We agreed.

Then I said, "Maybe we should take a walk." I was joking, because it was raining so hard. I didn't expect her to take me up on it. She got all excited about the idea and throughout supper kept talking about wearing her raincoat and using her umbrella while we were out walking. I really didn't want to go for a walk in the pouring rain, but the more I thought about it I couldn't think of a reason why. So we decided to go.

If you've never taken a walk in the rain, I now highly recommend it. We had so much fun! Darcy put on her rain boots, rain coat and got her umbrella. I decided to try out the water resistance my new spring jacket claimed and off we went. Usually when we're outside I'm always on Darcy's case to stay away from the puddles, but today we went looking for them. She jumped in every puddle she saw. Within seconds we were both drenched, but we were laughing. We walked to the end of the street and back and were both a little disappointed when the walk ended. We had to get into our pajamas before 7:00 at night because our pants were so wet and our coats are hanging in the laundry room to dry. My face was soaked and I had raindrops dripping off my nose, but listening to my daughter laugh hysterically as she jumped in the puddles made it all worth it.

Maybe it will rain again tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. Miss that carefree-ness, know what I mean?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Stef and I can vouch for playing out in the rain, right Stef???

I used to love taking the kids out in the rain. They used to practically BATHE in the puddles. That's what childhood is all about!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home