Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Verdict is In

I just got back from the pediatrician's office with Wesley. The genetic testing came back perfectly clear. Wesley does not have Down Syndrome.

The doctor was still concerned about the shape of his eyes and wanted to refer me to an ophthalmologist but I've told him I've already got that taken care of through the optometrist. We got the appointment yesterday and it is set for May 30th. That's a pretty short wait considering what the optometrist had warned me about!

So the concern about Wesley seems to have passed. Now we're on to Darcy. There's nothing serious there, just some sort of chest infection. She and Nick are both on antibiotics now. She's been coughing pretty seriously over the past few days, even making herself throw up a few times (once right down Nick's back when he was holding her!). I've been sick longer than them but haven't gone to the doctor yet because I didn't think there'd be anything the doctor would do. Now that they're both on antibiotics and I still don't have much of a voice I'm thinking I should go see the doctor this afternoon.

There's the update you've all been waiting for. I'm so glad that's over!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

So glad to hear Wesley's fine! It must have been a very nerve-wracking time for you, especially with 3/4 of the Titcombes sick.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well for Wesley,Hope everyone feels better soon.






Donna Haskell

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good News!

It's like 'winter' here too with the sickness. I've had a cold and sore throat for about 12 days now (I think it's finally almost gone!) and Laura has pink eye!

Lucas had the cold first and now Steve's getting it. At least no throw up coughs here. And no antibiotics. You guys really get it good, I guess.

You'll be happy when things get back to 'normal'!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you knew deep down that Wes was fine but it's still nice to hear it from a 'professional'. Good to have the update.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home