Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wesley, Part 4

I called the eye doctor's office yesterday and found out that our eye doctor is on maternity leave but I got an appointment for Wesley today with one of the associates in her office.

He looked about 18 years old, but appearances can be deceiving. I found him to be very caring, reassuring and thorough. He diagnosed a condition called entropion (follow the link and scroll to the bottom of the page) which is pretty much the same as what I read about the other day on the internet. He is trying to refer us to an ophthalmologist but that could be a problem for a couple of reasons. The first is that some ophthalmologists won't take patients that young. The ones who would will have a waiting list so long that he will probably have outgrown the condition before we get in.

It's not really a lot to worry about. Worst case scenario is a couple of sutures to reposition the eyelid. Best (and most likely) case scenario is that it will correct itself.

While at the optometrist's office I got a photograph taken of my eye that our regular doctor had recommended because of my family's eye health history. Because I was there alone with the kids an optometry student offered to hold Wesley while I was getting it done. Darcy was just standing around so they asked her if she wanted to take the pictures. She got a Jeopardy-like clicker and when the lady said, "click", Darcy took the pictures. She apparently did a great job and she thought that was the coolest thing ever!

With all this going on, Wesley has managed to give me his cold and I feel like complete garbage. Not cool! I still can't take a lot of medication because of the breastfeeding so I'm trying to manage as best I can on Tylenol. Hopefully we'll all be feeling better soon and this whole thing will be behind us!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Quite a week for hospitals, doctors and all. Bet you'll be glad to see the end of this week.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home