Tuesday, January 05, 2010

We're Back!

We're back home in Windsor after two wonderful, but exhausting weeks on the road.

Nick and Darcy counted the other day and over the 14 days we were on the road, Darcy went to 11 parties. That includes celebrating Daddy's birthday, a couple of Christmases, getting together with my cousins and extended family, those sorts of things. There were late nights, great food and lots of laughs. The kids did pretty well through it all, and we managed to survive too.

I won't go through a whole day-by-day synopsis but I will highlight some of our top (and bottom) moments:

- seeing the Olympic torch pass through Brantford, Ontario
- watching the excitement on Wesley's face when our plane took off!
- taking Darcy to her first movie, with Auntie Stef
- tobogganing in Montreal
- lots of turkey
- surviving our flight home (including have each member of our family being assigned individual seats on the plane)
- managing not to throw Wesley's new Wiggles car (that sings "Toot toot chugga chugga, Big Red Car loudly, over and over and over and over and over...) out the window
- lots of Chinese food
- seeing many of my cousins
- a great New Year's Eve at my sister's house, even though I wasn't feeling well and needed to take a nap to make it to midnight
- the return of the Haskell family New Year's Day street hockey game
- breaking my toe while falling down some stairs at my parents' house
- celebrating my Mom's 60th birthday

What a great list and what a great time we had. Nick had to come back to Windsor to work so he missed some of our time in Cambridge but he joined us for the final weekend and then we all came home together on Sunday. We've had a lot of unpacking and laundry to do but things are starting to feel normal again! I'm having trouble uploading the pictures from my camera but I hope to get them on Facebook and Flickr soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home