Sunday, January 14, 2007

Be Careful Little Mouth What You Say

We've learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Don't try to keep a secret if a two-year old knows the secret.

We went to our friends' house this afternoon for their daughter's second birthday. A lot of our friends from church were there. Darcy walked right in and made herself at home with all of the toys. She picked up a doll, rocked her in her arms and said, "I'm going to be a big sister." Not everyone heard her, but a few people did. At first they just laughed and then they thought about it a little bit and asked us if it was true. I hemmed and hawed for a couple of minutes before I figured I'd might as well just 'fess up.

Yes, it's true. Darcy is going to be a big sister. She's pretty excited about it and so are we. My doctor didn't have his due date predicting tool with him the last time I saw him, but from I've calculated, the due date is September 1st. It seems like forever away right now, but I know it will fly by. I'm hoping for an end of August delivery. In the last week of August we've got Stef's birthday, my cousin Tracy's birthday, and our wedding anniversary, which also falls on my Aunt Grace's birthday.

We haven't decided yet if we're going to find out the sex or not. We didn't with Darcy, which was pretty cool. We were both determined to not find out back then. Now we're not as sold on the idea. We'll see how we feel closer to ultra sound time.

We're also already completely divided on names. Apparently Scarlett is off the table. Whatever.

So, over the coming months, this blog may document a lot of my pregnancy. I'll try to post a few pictures of the expanding belly. Obviously, there's nothing to post in that department yet. I can see a change already, and there are a couple of pairs of pants I've already had to sideline, but it wouldn't be obvious to anyone else.

My next doctor's appointment is on January 22nd. The only down side is that I had just bought two amazing skirts at Jacob at an after-Christmas sale. I'm going to try to wear them as much as I can over the next month or so and then they'll become post-baby motivation to start running again!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation hope all goes well.

Your Ottawa Mom & Dad

11:12 PM  
Blogger glennlavender said...

Congrats Sue and Nick!! We were just wondering about that last week. Awesome!

BTW, we missed you guys last week!! It wasn't the same!

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I am so happy for you guys! I hope all goes well and we will be praying for all of you!!!
Melissa (and Rob)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm dancing a jig in your honour! So excited for you guys - and for me too! Nothing like another little niece or nephew to spoil. Congratulations!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to the expanding belly pics! :o)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Congratulations Sue and Nick! What thrilling news! I'll be looking forward to posts about morning sickness...

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told Laura this morning and she was pretty excited!

I warned her it wouldn't happen until close to SK time.

She asked if it was going to be her cousin, if it is a girl! I told her it will be her cousin either way.

Can't wait!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That's great news! How exciting! I hope this will be a wonderful pregnancy for you - it's sure to be a wonderful child!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Awesome news! Congratulations. Darcy sounds so excited!

Name suggestions:
Girl = Jane
Boy = Rochester

Stick with the classics! Take'em, or leave'em. ;-)P

8:06 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

awww, that's awesome, news, Sue! Our happy congratulations to you all!!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Congratulations!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Hey!! Congratulations!!!! Awesome news!!!!! I'm totally thrilled for you!

Even better news...it's you, not me :) Hee hee! We're done, I think! Joshua will be 10 in two weeks and Jonah, our baby, will be nine next month!

...you're going to have to change your blog user name to "Darcy and ...'s mama"

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home