Monday, January 01, 2007

10 Years, Part 2

I was having trouble posting all the pictures I wanted from the Africa trip in my last post, so I thought I'd try a new post to put the rest of them up.

This is one of the first pictures ever taken of Nick and I together. There wasn't really a danger of snakes behind us, or else I wouldn't have been sitting there. The sign was just put there to deter kids from climbing in the rocks. We found that out when Nick and our friend Mefford were climbing in the rocks. We weren't even a "couple" then, we were just goofing around for the picture. However, I think the adoring look in his eyes is clear.

Here's Lynette and I getting our picture taken with Nelson Mandela, or at least as close as we could get. Check out my sweet farmer's tan!

And here's one of my all-time favourite pictures, Lynette eating spaghetti for breakfast! Yummy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look so young on the rock picture! NOT that you look old now, of course!! I guess we all change over 10 yrs!

It's been 15+ years that Steve & I met, also at a church event (although in boring Hamilton, not South Africa!)

Good thing for church youth events!!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! 10 years ago. There were so many AMAZING memories....

1) The onus is on you.
2) The bird in Chris' room.
3) What was that swinging singers name from the Philippines? Wasn't he hot for you, Sue??
4) The Unabomber.
5) Nick crying when you got on the bus for the Missions Trip...oops, was I supposed to mention that one????
6) "With all due respect, General..."
7) Singing in Burger King.

On top of all the "goofy" stuff, there are some very incredible things that I will never, ever forget...

1) Capetown...the city of extremes (wealth, poverty, cab wars, beauty).
2) "I Love You, Lord" sung unaccompanied by the 500+ of us.
3) My renewed understanding for just how diverse the Army really is
4) My renewed understand of what worship is and what worship can be.
5) Friendships - - too incredible to describe.

It's the renewed friendship with people like Sue & Nick that have really sustained me in the past few years. I know that whenever I have an issue that I need a great listening ear for - I've got them! I also know that I have people praying for me and supporting me.

It's amazing to think how the Lord really used that trip to bring us all closer - - some closer than others!!!! I'm still so grateful for the opportunity - - even if I had to write an essay to get there!!!

Karen xo

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't even on the trip and I still think 'Unibomber' when I hear that person's name mentioned!

I had seen a picture Sue had after the trip, and while I haven't thought of it in a long time, I had a laugh when I read it on Karen's comments.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home