Friday, January 05, 2007

Mind Your Manners

We're having a hard time convincing Darcy that it's a good idea to eat with a fork and spoon. No matter what we do, she tries to get the food in her mouth using her fingers. As a result, we're constantly watching her and whenever her hands go to her plate we automatically say, "Darcy, use your fork and spoon please."

So last night we made a yummy supper of ribs. As we were eating them, I used my hand to move a bone off to the side of my plate (have you ever tried spearing a bone with a fork? It doesn't work) when a little voice beside me said, "Mommy, fork and spoon."

I tried explaining to her that some food like hamburgers and sandwiches can be eaten with your hands and that some people ate ribs with their hands (again, for the record, I wasn't eating them with my hands I was just moving a bone). She just looked at me and said "Fork and spoon!"

Very well then.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she cracks me up!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

HA HA!!! the little saucypants!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. We had the same trouble. Try getting a lecture while eating corn on the cob. That's one of my favorites!!!

Tacos are always good for the lecture too.

Have fun! It only gets better!!!

Karen xo

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever girl! At least she didn't bang your elbow on the table (no elbows on the table rule) while you had a cup of coffee in your hand, which of course, splashed on the fresh apple pie sitting on the buffet behind you. That's a classic Titcombe story.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

HA! We're having the same trouble with Dylan on the subject of belching (not just at the table). As I am a friend of Stef's, you will understand I like a good belch. However, I have to control myself around Dylan because he's turned out to be a better burper and will do it on command, anywhere.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home