Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Around the Neighbourhood

Wednesdays are my day to work at home. It's a great concession my boss made after I went back to work from my maternity leave. I run a program every Wednesday night, so I work from home during the day so I don't have to be away from Darcy all day. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Darcy's pretty good at entertaining herself for most of the day while I get my work done. I usually only aim to get 5 1/2 - 6 hours done, depending on my workload for the week. With Nick on afternoons this week I thought this would be a great day to get a lot accomplished because he's at home to take care of Darcy.

I didn't realize this is the day our cranky old next door neighbour would choose to work on the alarm system for his RV. He's out there with the hood open and the alarm has been going off periodically for the last half an hour or so. Then it went off for about 10 minutes solid. Not cool.

Did I mention that his RV is parked right outside the closest window to our computer?

Halfway into the 10-minute run I started to get worried. He and his wife are getting up there in in years and they live alone. I began to wonder if it was their car alarm or their house alarm. I wondered if I should be calling 911. I took a quick peek outside and saw him fiddling with the RV, so I knew I was OK.

It seems to be over now. I guess I should try to get some work done while there's silence!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it made working hard, but at least it wasn't nap time! It's Darcy's bedroom side of the house, isn't it?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Yeah, we thought of that. The whole circus was going on right under her bedroom window.

She is successfully napping right now.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Sorry Sue, but I had to laugh! It sounds like a scene out of a Chevy Chase movie! I bet you're hoping they'll be using that RV alot this summer, far away from you!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home