Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend. Because of Nick's work schedule we decided to call the Easter bunny to see if he could visit our house on Saturday evening instead of Sunday morning. He was more than happy to oblige. Here are a few pics...

On the Easter Egg Hunt

A full basket (this picture has had red eye reduction done!)

Hey, there's stuff inside these eggs!
Enjoying the chocolate.
Chocolate Dora! Thanks Grandma and Pa! Mommy and Daddy would never have bought me anything so big!

Dressed for church. If you look carefully you can see that she put her own shoes on. The hair clips didn't even stay in until we left the house! Thanks to Grandmaman and Papa for the news dress and to Grandma and Pa for the new shoes! It's an old sweater, as you can tell from the sleeve length, but we weren't expecting an Easter morning with a wind chill of -15!

Monday morning. I just took this picture while I was doing the rest of this post. She was sitting on the couch enjoying "Sesame Street" and I just loved the way the sun was shining on her hair.

All in all it was a great weekend. My favourite moment was on Sunday morning when I was in the kitchen getting her cereal ready. I went to the living room to check on her and of course she had gotten into her basket and already had the ears eaten of one of her little bunnies! Ahh, the traditional Easter morning chocolate breakfast. Yummy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

She is SO cute!!!!!!!!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

I didn't notice the sweater sleeves until you mentioned them! They could pass for 3/4 length!

Love that 'sun' picture too.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Darcy is really too cute for words. Just makes me want to squeeze her!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I love the idea of the plastic eggs containing a chocolate treat -never seen those before.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Why - I bought the plastic eggs at Zellers and then a bunch of little stuff at the Dollar store to fill the eggs with. Hair clips, a Dora bracelet, sidewalk chalk, that kind of stuff. I also bought a package of tiny Lindt bunnies to put in a few of them. A couple of the bunnies may have found their way into Mommy and Daddy's hands too...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

The idea reminds me of what the Swiss do at Christmas time. Or during Advent, I should say. They don't "do" stockings, they do Advent calendars with gifts in them. Every day a little gift, like hair clips or a chocolate or a pencil or a Matchbox car, etc. I've done it a couple of times, but it gets expensive with 2 kids. And I want Dylan and Kolina to stay in touch with some Canadian traditions.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home