Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Perspective

I never cease to be amazed when I am caused to think about how differently the world looks through the eyes of a two-year old.

The last few nights Darcy has checked with me several times about whether or not I'm going to close the door of her room when I say goodnight to her. "Are you going to close it properly?" she'll ask. Then last night before bed she started talking about how when Daddy comes to wake her up in the mornings, her door has already opened "all by itself".

It hadn't even occurred to me that she would think that. I've mentioned here before that she's a sweaty sleeper. We'd been closing her bedroom door when we put her to bed so she'll go to sleep, but then we've been opening the door before we go to bed to allow more air to circulate and to hopefully keep her cooler. Now she's apparently been freaked out by how her door kept opening by itself in the night.

The babysitter's daughter had her baby (a little girl, Emma Grace) on Tuesday evening. So, everything is back to normal today. Darcy hadn't been there since last Tuesday, so I wonder if she's going to have some accidents today while she gets used to being there again. We'll see in a couple of hours.

That's about it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home