Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Overheard Yesterday

At the day care when I picked Darcy up at the end of the day...

Darcy: Mommy, we're going outside to play. Did you come to watch us?
Me: No, Darcy, it's time to go home.
Darcy: We're going outside to play. Do you want to watch us?
Me: Don't you want to come home with Mommy?
Darcy (giving it a slight amount of consideration): Ummm, no thanks.

Last night at supper after she had almost finished the chocolate I had given her as a treat and I was just beginning to open my own chocolate eggs...

Darcy: Mommy, would you like to share with me?
Me: I don't think so Darcy. You already had a big chocolate. This one is mine.
Darcy: Please please please. What if I'm cute?
Me: No, Darcy, this is Mommy's chocolate.
Darcy: Don't you want to share with me Mommy? Say OK.
silence follows
Darcy: Say OK Mommy, say you want to share your chocolate with me.
more silence
Darcy: I don't hear a word...

After this conversation she arranged a trade for a bit of my chocolate egg for a piece of the remnant she was working on. I guess I took too long to open my egg because she still ate the piece she was supposed to trade with me! The tiny little piece that she ended up trading with me was pretty melty and gross and I'm pretty sure it had some spaghetti sauce on it leftover from her supper.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Hysterical! I love the "Would you like to share with me, Mommy?" bit, all innocent and hopeful. She is quite the character!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny! I wonder what would've happened if you'd asked her to share with you?!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That girl is just too smart!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home