Friday, June 20, 2008

It Figures

I've complained about our pediatrician here before. He's either rushing us in and out of his office or he's being overly thorough and ordering so many tests that he's scaring the life out of me. Another frustration is that his office has a parking lot that is a fraction of the size of what is needed and you can never find parking when you go there. You can also wait over an hour past your scheduled appointment time in his tiny waiting room that is usually filled with strollers and sick kids who want to touch your kids.

The kids had appointments last week and Darcy was diagnosed with bronchitis and Wesley had a severe ear infection. Darcy was also due for shots which he didn't want to do with the bronchitis so he asked us to come back this week to follow up on both kids and to do Darcy's shots. Wesley's ear infection was so bad that if it wasn't cleared up we'd need to go for a hearing assessment.

I was dreading the appointment, lugging them both there, trying to find parking, waiting with both kids and hearing whatever bad news he had for us. Nick didn't start work until 3:00 yesterday so I convinced him to come with me so I wouldn't have to deal with it alone.

We left half an hour before the appointment time to give ourselves plenty of time to find a parking spot and to possibly walk several blocks to the office. Nick decided to drop us off and go find a spot himself. We got to the office and there were several spots to choose from in the small lot! That never happens when I'm alone. Never. Then we went inside and the waiting room was empty. The receptionist told us to go right into the exam room. We had barely gotten in there when the doctor came in. He checked both kids and said they were perfectly well. No further tests or medication for either of them. Darcy got her shots and her lollipop and we were on our way nearly 10 minutes before the appointment was scheduled to start. I think I need to take Nick with me every time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, a GREAT appointment!!

I'm happy for you.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home