Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quick Update

We had to go to Darcy's school tonight for a welcome meeting for new families. It was pretty informal, just to give us some information about some of the school's programs and how we can get involved. We got a bit more information about how Darcy is doing too.

When we pulled into the parking lot there was a little boy and his parents getting out of the car beside us. From the backseat I hear, "Oh, I thought that was the cute boy but that's not him." I just about fell out of my chair. Some might say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree but they'd be wrong!

We saw her teacher inside and she told us that Darcy has cried a few times and that today she had asked for a telephone to call home. She doesn't even know our phone number (I know I should teach her). Darcy told me that sometimes her heart feels like crying so she has to cry. We're just trying to encourage her and remind her that school is fun and that she doesn't need Mommy around all the time. Aside from the couple outbursts of tears though Darcy is doing great in the classroom and is a lot of fun to have around, she said. That's very good to hear.

So we hope the tears will soon be over and that she'll enjoy going to school every day. Nick, Wesley and I took a really nice walk this afternoon while she was gone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At least Darcy's not shy. Not like some other people I know. Who came home with another girl's name on a sticker. Because she was too shy to tell the teacher she wasn't Bridget.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a little surprised to hear that Darcy cried at school. After having been to daycare, VBS, I thought JK would be nothing to her. Guess there was something to make her miss home.

I know 'people' like Stef's 'people'! I was like that all through school. Infact, I don't always correct people to this day, if they get my name wrong. Depends on the situation.

As for the cute boy comment, Laura is in her third year of school and has her sights set on her third prospective husband already!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home