Monday, September 18, 2006

Great Weekend

Darcy and I had a great weekend in Cambridge. We left Saturday morning and met my family in Paris. We headed out from there to go apple picking near Brantford and then we went on from there to an apple festival in St. George.

Aside from Darcy only napping for 15 minutes on Saturday, it was a great afternoon. Then it was over to Aunt Joan's in the evening to help celebrate my Poppa's 82nd birthday. It was great to be there for that.

Darcy loved playing with her cousins Laura and Lucas all day on Saturday and then adding Tracy's son Miles to the mix on Saturday night at Aunt Joan's. Miles had all kinds of cool toys to play, even a few Elmo toys, which made Darcy happy.

We had a pretty enjoyable drive home on Sunday afternoon. I was a bit nervous about travelling with Darcy by myself, but it seemed to go pretty well. She slept for an hour on the way home, which helped things a lot. Aside from that we spent a lot of time listening to Sesame Street Platinum which I currently have on loan from the library. There are some great songs on there, and some really annoying ones. Darcy loves most of them and can sing along with several of them already (maybe because as soon as one song finishes she asks to have it again and again and again). Her favourite is definitely "C is for Cookie". There are also often demands from the backseat like "Sing, Mommy!"

She wasn't falling asleep in the car yesterday afternoon, so I took out the Sesame Street CD and replaced it with classical music. She went right out. Then when that CD ended, I just switched on the radio. After I turned on the radio she woke up. I didn't think she could hear it very well in the back seat, but Queen's "We Will Rock You" came on the radio and then I heard this little voice singing along "we will rock you" over and over. OK then, Sesame Street it is!

It was a great weekend and I'm really glad we went. Plus, we've got a big bag of yummy apples from the apple picking!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great time too, and were glad you were able to come!

Glad your trip home went well.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home