Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Little Thursday Morning Birthday Fun

So, it's a fact. I'm now 34. There's nothing to be done about it except enjoy it. Last night I was at work for a while and Nick and Darcy stayed home together. When I got home, we both got Darcy ready for bed. As she was getting into her pyjamas, Darcy picked up a crayon (she gets distracted easily), held it up to me and said, "I coloured in your birthday card." Thanks. I hope that wasn't meant to be a surprise.

Sure enough, I got a beautifully coloured birthday card this morning.

As I've been thinking about my age, I've been getting a little reflective. I thought I'd post some old pictures of birthdays gone by, just to help add to my enjoyment and yours. Here is my originial birthday. Well, it's not actually my birthday, but a day or two later when my parents brought me home. My dad's cousin was trying out a new polaroid camera and thought I would make a great subject. Looking at my misshapen head, I'm not sure that I agree...


I also found some pictures of some other birthday celebrations of years gone by. Here is my 10th birthday. We had some friends from school and some cousins over. My favourite gift that year was an "Annie" sweatshirt. It's a good thing our tastes change as we get older.

You can see part of my brother's head, my cousin Shelley, me, my friends Tricia and Kim.

Here's my 17th birthday. Look at all that hair! I loved this sweater that my friend's mom had knitted for me...



I tried posting one last photo of me 20 years ago. It's probably better for everyone that it didn't work!

7 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE! Hope you have a wonderful day! Think I'll steal your idea for my own birthday on Saturday...I should have some good shots of Auntie Stef...

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue!!! Hope you have a great day!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sue! Enjoy it, revel in it, be greedy with the cake. Because today is ALL about YOU!

PS - I like that I didn't have to remember to send a card and present this year. You should come to Montreal the week before your birthday more often.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

My Mom said it's not my head that's misshapen in the first picture it was just my crazy hair.

Stef, I would love to go to Montreal the week before my birthday if it will always be as warm as it was last week!

Why, I can't wait to see those pics.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue.

Your Ottawa Mom and Dad
Jim & Cathy McLaren

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue from all of us.I bet you wont forget your 20th B.D

Donna

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
To the only girl whose birthday I can remember....within a 4 day range at least!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home