Monday, November 20, 2006

And We're Back!

So we're back in Windsor after a great time in Montreal. Nick arrived home on Friday and Darcy and I followed on Saturday. She did pretty well flying again on Saturday. There were a few rough spots revolving around the fact that our flights (and 3-hour layover in Toronto) were right at her normal naptime. The flight attendants all loved her. She also liked the fact that the plane from Montreal to Toronto had a little TV screen just for her so she could watch cartoons. She wouldn't keep the headphones on, which is probably good anyway. I don't know if headphones are the best idea for such young ears. Anyway, she liked watching Miss Spider even if she couldn't hear what was going on.

We had a couple of problems when we arrived in Windsor. Oddly enough, our flight was early, so Nick wasn't even at the airport when we got there. The luggage started coming on carousel and I could see our car seat coming, perched precariously on top of our suitcase. They usually make me put the car seat in a big plastic bag, but this time they didn't. I asked about a bag and was told I didn't need one. Well, the car seat fell off the carousel and on the way down one of the straps got caught in the carousel. It took (and this is no exaggeration) 5 men to get the strap out of where it was stuck. I was over on the other side of the carousel with Darcy in her stroller and my luggage cart, so I couldn't get over to the car seat. There was a little bit of damage to the strap, but nothing that will affect the safety of the seat. We had also checked the table and chairs we had purchased for Darcy at Ikea and that didn't arrive. It arrived without any problems on Sunday morning, so we're all set now.

My suitcase is unpacked and my vacation is officially over. We dropped Nick off (looking smashing in his new uniform) for his new job this morning.

One funny Darcy story to close for today...

Last night we had told her we would have chicken nuggets and french fries for supper. As I was getting them ready I asked her if she would rather have carrots or broccoli with her supper. She got a really serious, contemplative look on her face and responded, "I fink I'll have chicken nuggets and fries." I told her she would have those things but that she needed to have a vegetable too. She started thinking again and then said, "No, just chicken and fries." So I said, "All right then, carrots it is!" She ended up eating more carrots than chicken anyway. Then after supper I asked her if she wanted anything else to eat. She again took on her very serious, "I'm really giving this a lot of thought" face and came out with "Ummm, ummm, ummm, I fink a lollipop?" Sorry sweetie, no lollipops!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

How 'bout a picture of Nick in his uniform?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home