Friday, November 03, 2006

I've Been Working on the Railroad


I made the mistake a couple of months ago of borrowing a Sesame Street CD from the library. Now that's all Darcy wants to listen to in the car. At one point I think I had 8 different CD's borrowed. We've found the ones that are the best and she's got some real favourites.

The best thing is that she's started singing along with the songs. At first she would just bark out commands from the backseat, "Sing Mommy!", but now she wants to sing too. It's amazing to me how many words she knows to all the songs. Sometimes she can't quite keep up with the tempos, but she sure has fun trying.

My favourite is when she sings "I've Been Working on the Railroad". I'm not sure, why. Maybe it's the way she says "wailwoad" or the fact that she can use the word "live-long". But the absolute best is when we get to the last verse, "Singing fee-fi-fiddly-eye-oh, fee-fi-fiddly-eye, oh oh oh oh, fee-fi-fiddly-eye-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh". She loves to belt out that last one and hold on forever. It's the cutest thing.

Man, this kid cracks me up!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she get holding the last notes from Grandpa H?!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear her next weekend!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I bet Auntie Stef knows all the words to all the songs!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home