Wednesday, November 01, 2006

That Was Fun!

We had a blast night! I had forgotten how much I love Halloween and the whole trick or treating business.

Darcy was really excited about getting into her chicken costume last night, but not as pleased about standing still for a picture to document the event.





We went out on our street at around 6:00. We went to our neighbour's house first. As we were waiting for them to come to the door, a boy around 10 came up the stairs too. Darcy took one look at him and started to scream. She was terrified. I think he had some kind of alien mask on or something. He took it off right away and kept apologizing. I wondered if it was going to be a long night.

She did better as the night wore on. She got a little scared by some other costumes and also by some dogs and cats that came to the door with their owners.

One guy down the street saw her coming with her chicken costume and brought out a can of chicken soup to give her. It was a little over Darcy's head, but I thought it was funny. Just like the fact that I had given her chicken for supper before putting her in her chicken costume!

After doing some of the houses on our street (where she was a huge hit), we put her in the stroller to walk to some friends's houses who live pretty close to us. They were really pleased to see Darcy and she got a lot of candy from them.

After that, we went to a neighbourhood party that was being held a church. It was OK, but Darcy was getting pretty tired by that time. She had a cupcake and made a craft and was then ready to go home.

Aside from the whole Halloween thing, Darcy is still doing great in her big girl bed. She hasn't figured out yet that she can get out. I love it. She's really excited about going to bed each night and she's still lying there in the morning when I get out of the shower.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little chicken licken ... what a sweetie.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

She looks so cute!!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is a very cute costume. Where did you find it?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Old Navy. It was more than I wanted to spend, but as soon as I saw it, I knew there was no other choice!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

She is adorable!! I'm glad she had fun!
Melissa

3:42 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Ah yes, we had that Old Navy problem last year. :D

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darcy looks even smaller in her costume.Shes a real cutie.

Donna

5:27 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

buck buck buck buckaw!!! what a little darling!!!! chicken soup. . i love it!!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

She STILL hasn't figured out that she can get out of her bed? I'm completely baffled! You guys have it GOOD!! I hate daylight savings time.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home