Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ummm, I Don't Think So

Nick, you're not going to like this one...

Darcy had a horrible morning this morning. She was just miserable, she wouldn't eat, she wouldn't listen, we just had a terrible time.

I was getting a little frustrated and so was she, so at one point I just picked her up and gave her a big hug. She settled right in and gave me a good little cuddle. I asked her what was wrong and she said she didn't feel well. I asked what was wrong and she said it was her tummy. I asked her if she felt yucky and she said "I've got a baby in my belly."

I laughed and said "I'm pretty sure that's not the problem this morning."

The woman who babysits Darcy is my friend's mother and that friend is currently expecting her first baby. So there's a lot of talk at their house about there being a baby in her belly.

I really started laughing when she walked over to our big mirror, lifted up her shirt and stuck her belly out really far. "Look Mommy, there's the baby in my belly."

We ended up laughing a lot and that seemed to be the end of the cranky morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

That is funny!! I remember when I was expecting Noah...Emily used to put pillows under her shirt...then walk around talking about her baby!Too cute!
Melissa

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where does she get the funny gene from? Certainly not her father ;)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be the Haskell in her that makes us giggle.


Uncle Ba

6:45 PM  
Blogger nickt said...

She's a born performer, just like her father.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home