Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Does This Sound Familiar?

I read a lot of books. Well, not lately. I haven't finished a book in ages.

I read so many books that I often forget what they were about or the details of their plots. Yesterday a section of a book came to my mind and I cannot for the life of me remember anything about it. I can't remember the name of the book or who wrote it and it's driving me crazy. I'm wondering if it rings any bells for any of you...

The book has three major plots, in three completely different time frames. The first part involves a gay man who takes a job as the personal assistant to a cranky composer. The second involves an elderly man trying to break out of a nursing home. The third is a futuristic account of (I think) Korean society and the havoc their technological advances wreaks. There is a recurring mention throughout the three sections of a peculiarly-shaped birthmark, but I can't even remember what that birthmark is.

Isn't that pathetic?

Clearly the book didn't leave any sort of lasting impression on me. If you've read it, can you please help me?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue.....

Sounds like "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell???

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Anonymous, I don't know who you are, but that's it! You've saved my sanity.

Thanks!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...actually you do know who I am...we just haven't seen each other for, oh I'd say at least 10 years....

I just happened by your blog after seeing it linked from another blog that I occasionally read.....

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Oh, so it's a game.

If I haven't seen you for ten years, where did I last see you? Africa?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Hey, this is getting exciting!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home