Monday, October 02, 2006

So Very Tired

We had a great, but busy weekend. Our church was celebrating their 25th anniversary, so I had a lot of extra stuff to do because of that. Plus, my family was all here visiting, so I wanted to be spending time with them. Then there's the fact that we stayed up really late on Saturday night, but the kids got us up at the regular time on Sunday morning. We were all pretty beat.

I had a great shopping experience on Saturday afternoon that just made my weekend. I think I've mentioned before that I hate buying clothes for myself. There isn't a lot of selection out there for a woman in her mid-30's who has the body of a 12-year old boy. It's hard to find things that fit me that are appropriate for my age. If I wanted to dress like a 17-year old, no problem. However, if I want something that I can wear to work, it's not so easy.

Dressy clothes is a complete nightmare. I hate shopping for nice things for myself. It's just such a frustrating experience and more often than not, I come home empty-handed.

Part of the anniversary weekend was a banquet on Saturday night. I have not bought myself anything nice to wear since Darcy's dedication. For those of you keeping track, that was 2 years ago! I had borrowed a dress from a friend, but it was a little too big. On Saturday afternoon I had to go to the mall to pick up my Dad's birthday cake, and I walked past Reitmans, so I figured I'd take one last look. I was having my usual frustration when I saw this dress. I loved the pattern and the style and when I looked at the tag I expected to see "L" or "XL" because that's how my luck usually works. I was very surprised to see "XS"!!! I tried it on and it looked like it had been made for me. I even looked like I had curves! The dress was just one big optical illusion. I had to buy it and I'm so glad I did. I want to wear it every day.

We had Thanksgiving/Dad's birthday lunch yesterday, which was delicious. It went a little long, so Darcy didn't end up having her afternoon nap, but we worked around that. She slept well last night though!

Now the countdown is on to Nick's visit this weekend. We can't wait. Darcy and I were looking at the calendar we're checking off daily and she got pretty excited that we can see the happy face marking Daddy's visit home. 4 more sleeps!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Next time you guys come to Montreal you and I'll hit the shops and get you kitted out.

Looks like I'll be able to make it too this weekend so I'm counting the sleeps too!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Hooray! I'm glad to hear you're coming and Darcy will be thrilled too.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

Come on, post a picture of the "hot darcy's mama" in her new dress!

Funny, as I read your blog, I was going to suggest that you check out the petites section at Reitmans.

Glad you found something great there!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Reitmans rocks my world. It's (at least one of) the only place I can find clothes to fit me, too...not because I have the body of a twelve-year-old boy.

I used to work there and I got a 50% employee discount = extremely dangerous!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home