Saturday, September 23, 2006

Where Does She Get This Stuff

Darcy has come up with a few choice phrases over the past couple of days. Here are some of my favourites...

When driving home from the babysitter's yesterday, she looked over towards the river and said "I see a ghost!" She's been talking about ghosts for a couple of weeks now. I have no idea where she heard about them, but she's seeing them all over the place. Nutty. I have no idea what she saw, but she's convinced it was a ghost.

While she was sitting on the potty and I was trying to get her to stop picking her nose she said "I have boogies in my nose!" After laughing hysterically I explained to her that most people use a Kleenex to deal with that problem. Then I asked her "where did you learn the word 'boogies'?" She answered "Justin." He's a 5-year old boy at her babysitter's house, so I guess that's not all that surprising!

This morning when she was getting out of bed she said "I want my Daddy back." I said that of course we miss Daddy and we want him back. She went on to say "I want Daddy back to chase the moose." I asked her where the moose was and she said in her room. I told her I hadn't seen the moose when I was in there, so she must have already been brave enough to chase him away herself.

I don't think this child is ever going to lack in imagination!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you'll start to worry when she can 'see dead people'!

Was the moose in Darcy's room the same one Laura was riding at the Apple Festival last week?! (I don't remember if you ended up hearing it, the first time she talked about the pony ride, it was a 'donkey' and the second retelling, it was a 'moose')

5:45 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

hey, Sue, you're on blogger and i can comment now!!! Your little Darcy is adorable and funny too!!! i love small children. . the things they say are just so darned amusing !!!!! moose in her room? more interesting than the run of the mill monster!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

We went to Montana's a couple of weeks ago and she saw a "moose" head mounted on the wall. I'm pretty sure it was a deer. She's been talking about moose ever since.

Lynn, I can't remember if she heard Laura talking about the "moose" or not. I didn't.

Thanks for the comments Kathy! Come back often.

9:56 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

i think i will!!!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home