Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sleep Is For Suckers

Darcy woke up this morning at 5:15. Not only did she wake up, but she laid in her bed kicking at the crib and shaking the bars making it impossible for me to sleep too. Not cool.

Of course she's got a doctor's appointment this afternoon right at nap time, so that should be a lot of fun. She's already exhausted and miserable. I can't wait to see how she'll be when she's not getting her nap at the right time. Should be interesting.

As I was getting dressed this morning I turned on the news on the TV in my bedroom. Darcy came into the room and said "I no like that show. I put on another show." She changed the channel so that news came on again. She wasn't too thrilled with that, so she just turned the TV off and walked away. It's OK, it's not like I was watching that or anything!

Her toilet training is continuing to go down the toilet. With being at home today, she doesn't have a pull-up on. We have had several discussions this morning about the fact that she's not wearing a diaper, so she has to tell me when she needs to go pee. I've offered her several chances to go pee, which were all offensive to her. Then, as I was sitting at the computer, she came and stood beside me and said "I do pee pee in my pants." Sure enough, she had.

Does it sound like we're having a good day?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Maybe Darcy and Kai should get together. He too was up at 5:15 a.m. this morning and pretty much cried and whined the whole time until he got to day care. You see, last weekend when I was away he slept in until 7:30 a.m., this is typically unheard of for Kai, he is up anywhere from 5:00 - 6:30 a.m. every morning. So I told Greg, I'm moving out, I'll come around during the day, but he can be home at night with him because Kai sleeps much better when I'm not around! You gotta love the early morning! :-)

8:34 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

LOL!!!! " i do pee pee my pants" defiance!!! heh heh. . . oh, i remember.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home