Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting Better

Darcy seems to be doing better these past few days. She had a good conversation with Nick the other night (I had to bribe her with cookies, but she still did it!) and her accidents have been decreasing in frequency. Maybe she's settling into a bit of a routine.

She also ate Cheerios this morning. This is something she did every day with Nick when he was at home, but since he's been gone she's gone on a bit of a Cheerios strike. This morning she asked for a bowl of Cheerios with puffed wheat (Nick's favourite combo) and ate two bowls. I was impressed.

We've got a pretty laid back weekend ahead of us. Not too much going on. I've got a couple of good movies out from the library. Tonight I'm going to watch Pride & Prejudice. I've seen it already, but when we watched it, the DVD didn't work properly and we missed a part in the middle. So, I want to watch it again even though I didn't really love it the first time. P & P without Colin Firth just doesn't seem right to me...

For tomorrow night I've got 12 Angry Men. I'm really not sure what to expect from this one. Whenever AFI does one of the top 100 lists, this movie is invariably somewhere on the list so I've wanted to see it for a while. I'm looking forward to it.

Darcy and I are probably going to head to the mall tonight for supper. I've got a big banquet next week for the church and I don't have anything to wear. I went out on my lunch break to look for something, but I really hate shopping for clothes. I can never find anything to fit me, or at least not anything that's geared to a woman in her mid-30's. If I wanted to dress like a teenager, I could probably find something. So I didn't find anything at lunchtime. It will be even harder tonight trying to shop with Darcy with me. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home