Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why I Was Late...

I'll admit it. Since Nick has been gone, I've been using the TV as a babysitter in the mornings while I'm trying to get ready for work. She loves "Curious George" so she lays in my bed under the "cubbers" while I blow dry my hair and get dressed. (Sad how it's already become "my bed". Sorry Nick.)

While I was getting dressed this morning she held up her little arms and said "Mommy, I want to cuddle!" Well, what could I do? The clock was ticking, but that's the sort of moment I'd regret for the rest of my life if I didn't lie down right then and cuddle.

So, I laid down beside her and we put our arms around each other and just laid there for a few minutes. It was amazing. And then she said "I love to cuddle with my mommy."

Suddenly the mountain of papers on my desk didn't mean very much to me anymore...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Those moments are too rare to not take. I'm learning and realizing, as I'm sure you are, that kids grow up way to fast! Enjoy every moment!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Always, always take those moments. As they get older those moments get fewer!! those are the best moments of the day!
Melissa

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Luckily for me, part of my day job involves cuddling--if they're not too busy being independant!

12:31 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

*sniff!* that's so touching. . i need a tissue.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home