Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Random Thoughts of the Mother of a Toddler

These are the sorts of questions I find myself pondering in recent days...

Ernie once mentioned that he hasn't started grade school yet. Then why does he have his own apartment? Shouldn't he be living with his parents rather than Bert?

If a cow is singing a song, should that cow's voice be that of a male?

Why is Roo the only one of Winnie the Pooh and his friends with a Mommy?

On Franklin, why is his name Franklin, but his friends are just called Bear, Snail, Beaver, etc.?

If Dora always needs her backpack, why not always carry it with her? Why do the kids always have to help her find it? She's not very prepared for the life of the adventurer.

How long can I drive in the car after dropping Darcy off before I realize that I don't need to have the Sesame Street CD playing anymore?

Why is Barney still on TV?

Does it seem like I need another adult to talk to?

5 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

You have too much time on your hands, missy!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you need adult supervision to get you back on track.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I have asked myself some of the very same questions. The Franklin one came up on a couple of occasions.

Now that my kids are 8 and 9, it's not Sesame Street in the car, it's Shout to the Lord Kids, Adventures in Oddysey, or the Narnia radio drama series (Steve and I listened to this in the car on our way to Newfoundland to pick up the kids...yeah, we were by ourselves; no kids...it's GOOD ok?)

Sometimes I think I had kids to give me an excuse to go in Toys 'r' Us, Wendy's and to see Disney movies! :)

However, there is absolutely no excuse for Barney.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one: "Little Bear" doesn't wear clothes, but his parents do!

I don't usually read 'message boards', but occassionally check them out on Treehouse.com, to see what they are saying about the shows.

People actually discuss these things and are angered about them! IT'S TELEVISION!

I remember one mom being upset by no mom on 'Max & Ruby'. Sure Laura asks why, but I tell her it's just a story, or say the mom is in the house, but too busy to be on tv. Works for now!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

I have to say I haven't gotten around to thinking about these things. But I must agree with you....they are very perplexing....currently we have the Wiggles playing in the van, and yes, we are driving the "Family Mobile!"

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home