Monday, October 09, 2006

Great Weekend

What a fantastic weekend! Nick arrived home shortly after midnight on Friday night. When he went into Darcy's room on Saturday morning she greeted him with a very excited, "Daddy! I have to go pee." So he got a very warm welcome from his little girl. Plus she had peed so much through the night that his first task involved changing her sheets. It was good to have him home.

We did a lot of shopping on Saturday afternoon but the highlight for me came on Saturday night. Stef wrote about her great find ($23!!!) on her blog, but here's my story...

I wrote last week about the great new dress I'd found. I want to wear it to Nick's graduation next month, but it will be pretty cool in Montreal at that time of year, so my mother- and sister-in-law suggested I look for a jacket to wear with it. We found one that was OK, but not fantastic. Then we went to Danier to look for a jacket for Stef. I was just kind of browsing for fun when Gigi approached me with a beautiful navy blue suede jacket that would look amazing with my dress. I tried it on and it looked like it had been made with me in mind. It quickly became an early birthday/Christmas gift from my in-laws. I love it and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. Right now I'm just really enjoying the way it's making my closet smell.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, which caused us all to eat way too much. Nick, his Mom and sister left at 11:00 this morning and his Dad (Darcy's beloved Papa) is staying with us for a week. That really helped ease the blow of Nick leaving. We spent a long time at the park this afternoon, had some delicious leftovers for supper and are just getting ready now for Darcy to go to bed.

I'm exhausted but it was well worth it. What a great weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

I think Mr. T should get a blog for this coming week...I wonder if he'll encourage his granddaughter to eat pudding with her hands?

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend. The drive home was long, as usual, but made longer thanks to a horrible traffic jam due to construction.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home