Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A First


I have a confession to make. I killed a squirrel yesterday. I'm pretty sure that's never happened to me before. I've been in cars with people who've hit animals (Nick, remember that puff of feathers when you hit the bird on the 401???) but I don't remember ever being the one driving.

Yesterday was a wet and rainy afternoon. I don't know if this little squirrel was just trying to get somewhere dry or what, but he ran right out in front of my car. There was nothing I could do. I heard a huge THUD and didn't look in the rearview mirror.

Sorry little squirrel.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound like a horrible person, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of squirrels--at least in Brantford.

I have no idea why, but I started noticing them on my way to pick up Laura from school today, even before reading your blog! In our older neighbourhood, with lot of mature trees, there are of course, lots of squirrels. I counted 7 in my 3 block, 6min walk. We hear them run across our roof early in the morning too. You probably get the same in your area.

I think I've only hit those toad things on a summer night. Steve's biggest is a racoon this summer, as we were coming off a 403 ramp, into Brantford!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Dale and i almost hit a skunk at 5:30 this morning.It went right in front of us and right up to someones front door.It looked like it was going to knock at the door.

Donna

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I killed a little bird this summer. It flew right into the windshield of the rental car while I was driving. It felt awful.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be worse. You could of hit a person. I have no heart. I think I have killed a few animals in my time but don't remember or really care if I have.


UncleBa

6:30 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you can't find a girlfriend!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home