Monday, October 16, 2006

On Our Own Again

Well, Papa Titcombe is safely back in Montreal after a long train ride and a full week at our house. He did a lot of great work here, for which we're really grateful.

Darcy has said so many funny things over the past few days and each time she's said something new I've thought to myself "I need to put that on my blog". Now I've forgotten what they all were. Here are a couple...

While putting her arm around me as we're sitting on the floor colouring - "Mommy, you're my best friend!" (Just wait until you're 12 kid!)

After Papa and I each took a side of her high chair try to remove it after supper - "Thanks, guys!"

Talking about her crib this morning when I got her out of bed - "This is too high to climb." (note to self, get moving really quickly on the big girl bed.)

While sitting on the toilet tonight, straining to do "number 2" - "I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll huff and I'll puff..." (I couldn't have made that one up if I tried!)

On a different note, one of my lifelong concert dreams is about to come true! Elton John will be playing at the Bell Centre when I'm in Montreal in November and we've got tickets! Laugh at me if you will, but I really love Elton John and I'm really excited to see this show. Even better, it was 100% Nick's idea and he is actually going to sit through the concert with me. I can't wait. I think I'll wear my new suede jacket.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny girl!

I wish I could read that last paragraph of the blog, but I have tears of laughter in my eyes from the "huff & puff"!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'll huff & I'll puff ..." Can't. Stop. Laughing.

That mostadorablecutestnieceintheworld is too much!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

That's hilarious! I love the things they say at this age! CJ just keeps us on our toes all the time. Last night he put his hand on my face and said something back to me as I was sternly giving him a talking to, so I looked at my mom and said, "what am I supposed to do now?"

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Elton John concert.He is one of my favoites to.

Donna

10:16 AM  
Blogger nickt said...

Who said we have tickets?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Ummm, you did. Last night on the phone.

So there.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home