Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hero

Darcy was a total hero this afternoon at the clinic. She didn't cry once, she just laid down on the bed and let the technician do all the tests without complaining. She did ask me to give her a hug once, which I was more than happy to do.

Just a note for my family members... The tech couldn't say much about what she saw but I did confirm that she did indeed see two kidneys.

One funny comment from this afternoon came when I was trying to pay for parking, get Darcy's diaper bag, my purse, Darcy and her stuffed kitten into the clinic. She was meandering around and not coming with me, so I juggled all that stuff and picked her up. I said, "Darcy, you're getting heavy!" and she replied with "I sure am!" I cracked up.

Also, I would never have considered taking my camera to the ultra sound, but I really wish I had. They got me to take Darcy's clothes off and put her in a hostpital gown. That is one of the funniest sights I have ever seen. The smallest one they had was just enormous and she looked hilarious walking around in that thing.

Because of the snow that was still falling (heavily) when we left the clinic we decided to hit Mrs. Fields for our treat instead of Laura Secord. I think we chose wisely. We even brought some little cookies home for Papa to enjoy with us.

When we were going into the mall we got caught in snow squalls and Darcy didn't have a hat. It really seemed fine when we left the house this morning. I thought about it and figured that the hat she has she's already worn for two winters, so I would be dreaming if I thought I could pull a third winter out of it. So, while we were there we went into our new H & M store and got a sweet little hat. You know the kind with the little braids coming down over the ears? She loves it. Of course, we also got the matching mittens.

So thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I don't expect to hear anything from these tests, but if they did see something amiss, I will likely hear back from the doctor by the middle of next week. I'll keep you posted.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Darcy! And Mommy too!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

So glad to hear the testing went well. Isn't h & M a great store??? My kids were raised in their clothes! I still love it, although now that Kolina's so big, the stuff that would fit her is all slutty and trampy and gross.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it went well. (Am secretely pissed that you missed the fab photo op, but will control myself and hope that you remember the camera if there is a next time, which we all hope there will not be.)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I was thinking about you guys yesterday. I am glad all went well!
Melissa

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear Darcy done so well on her tests.Uncle Dale was really glad to hear it.

Donna

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home