Tuesday, October 24, 2006

You Can't Complain About The Service At This Place

Whatever has happened to customer service? Can anyone tell me?

We're in the midst of getting Darcy's "big girl bed" ready. I went last week to order her mattress and arranged for the mattress to be delivered tomorrow during the day. I always select Wednesdays for my deliveries because I work at home during the day, so it's easy for me to be there. They book your date, but don't give you a specific time until the day before. So I said anytime during the day on Wednesday would be fine.

Well they called me today to say that someone will be there between 5-8 tomorrow evening. Well, I leave the house at 5:15 on Wednesdays and don't get home until 7:30. 5-8 doesn't work for me. That's why I asked for it to be during the day. I called them back and got a machine, so I left a message explaining that I needed to be called back at work to reschedule. The moron called my house and said he can reschedule for Thursday or Friday for during the day. Well, on Thursday or Friday during the day I'm going to be in my office. That's why I scheduled this Wednesday delivery a week ago. I called him back again and he wasn't around. I was assured that he'd call me back as soon as he gets back from his break. I'm not holding my breath.

The bedding we've ordered for her is also causing me a few headaches. My mom ordered a nice set from the Sears catalogue which arrived the other day. Right after she ordered it, I got a flyer advertising the same stuff at 40% off. She can't get her money back because that's an in-store offer and she ordered through the catalogue. I didn't get her to order the bedskirt, but when I saw the stuff on sale for 40% off, I decided to go to Sears myself to pick up the bedskirt. When I found the set, the sign in front of it only said "30% off". I went to a clerk who had a copy of the flyer and showed her where it said "40% off" so she told me I could get it for 40% off. When I asked for the twin bedskirt in the mushroom colour she said that they don't carry the bedskirts, they're only available through the catalogue. I told her that the 40% offer didn't cover catalogue purchases, as we'd already been told, but that the sign I was looking at said the twin bedskirt was included in the sale. So she begrudgingly placed the order for me through the catalogue along with a note that said I was to receive 40% off when I pick it up. I better not have any trouble with that when it comes in!

After all this getting her to sleep in her big girl bed will seem like a breeze!

____________________________________________________________

Update:

After 4 phone calls with my new best friend, Ken, he has assured me that the bed will be delivered between 11:00 - 1:00 tomorrow, as originally requested. We'll see how that goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a problem with sears a couple weeks ago when mom$dad ordered a new bed.They have a company that deliver for them.The bed was coming between 5 and 8.Well they came at 1 these three guys come bring in the matresses ask where they go and left.We said do you take the plastic off and set it up?Oh no we dont do that.The bed spring was missing they said it was on back order.But they didnt know.So we were on the phone all afternoon with sears and finally at 4:30 we had to go for the bed spring.We had a number to call and complain and we got a 20 gift certificate.Hope things go better for you.
Donna

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh - this explains why I don't like dealing with people.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home