Friday, November 10, 2006

Funny Updates

I'm busily getting ready for our flights tomorrow, but I wanted to post a couple of quick Darcy updates that I thought you'd enjoy...

First of all, her thieving ways seem to be continuing. Last night we picked up some hamburgers for supper and were sitting in the mall enjoying them together. Darcy had her hamburger in her hands and I had mine in mine. You know, the way it's supposed to be. All of a sudden, faster than lightning, Darcy reaches over, rips a big chunk off of my hamburger and shoves it in her mouth! I don't know how she managed to chew it, because she was laughing so hard. What a little monkey.

Secondly, all good things must come to an end. After nearly two weeks of big girl bed perfection, we had our first problem last night. Nick and I were on the phone, I was in our bedroom, which is right next to Darcy's room. I heard footsteps. So, I hung up the phone and walked out into the hallway. When I put my hand on Darcy's door, I heard footsteps running away from me. I opened the door and she had run over and buried her face on the bed. Did I mention it was 10:30? I went in and picked her up. She had her pyjama pants on, but she had taken her diaper off. It was just kind of floating around inside her pants. She got a small case of the giggles when I walked in the room, but I managed to get her settled down pretty quickly and I think she went back to sleep right away. So, we'll see how it carries on from here.

We should be in the air tomorrow by 10:30 and in Montreal shortly after 2:00. I don't care about the rest of my luggage, I just want the car seat to get there! Then it's off to see Elton John tomorrow night. I'm so excited. Philadelphia Freedom came on the radio last night when I was driving home. It's not one of my favourites by him, but just hearing it got me so excited. It's going to be a great show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great week with Darcy & Nick.Have a good time at the concert.You need to get away and just pamper yourself.Take care.

Donna

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home