Thursday, November 09, 2006

Getting Better All The Time

Darcy's mood has definitely improved as the week wore on and she got caught up on her sleep. We haven't had any more meltdowns and she's been a lot of fun to be around.

I've also been challenged this week as she's reminded me over and over again that she sees everything I do and will often repeat it. She's in a nurturing stage right now and is always cuddling her toys. Yesterday I watched as she was caring for some of her toys and I heard her saying "Is that OK, honeybunny?" or "Do you like that, honeybunny?" Nick had started calling her "honeybunny" before he left and I kind of picked it up when he left to see if it helped her with his absence at all. Now it's kind of stuck and I call her that all the time.

Also yeterday when I was sitting on the floor, she walked over to me, put one hand on each of my cheeks and planted a big kiss right on my lips. After she kissed me she said "Mommy, you're precious to me." Gee, I wonder where she's heard that before?

Note to self: Always say positive things around the child...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you've made it! (I knew you could!)

Have a good week in Montreal!

2:23 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

wow, that is way too sweet. . "Mommy, you're precious to me. . " awwwww!!!!!!! i need a tissue!!!! wah!

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as nobody else calls her chicken licken. That one's mine!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

You must be so excited about going to Montreal...AND bringing Nick home! We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for him. Have a wonderful week!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home