Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vacation

I love being on vacation!

Yesterday was a great day. Nick had the day off from school so we had planned to spend the day together as a family. Our first plan was to go to the Biodome but we didn't realize it was closed on Mondays. We had come up with a plan B, which ended up being a trip to IKEA! Hooray!

We bought Darcy's Christmas present there, a small table and chairs for her to use for doing colouring and crafts. She's going to love it.

After lunch and a lengthy nap it was time to get ready to take Nick back to school. On the way we stopped to visit Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Titcombe in the nursing home. They were thrilled to see Darcy who had big hugs for each of them. Darcy is always a big hit with all the residents and staff when we visit there.

Then it was off to Daddy's school. Nick has been bragging about Darcy for 12 solid weeks, so he was glad to finally get to show her off in person. We met a lot of his friends there and got the full tour of the facility. Now that he's almost done, we finally know where he's been all this time.

Today we're meeting Auntie Stef at her office so Darcy can make the rounds there too. We're looking forward to it. Then Grandmaman is taking some time off this afternoon to spend with Darcy.

Should be a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the table and chairs! I didn't know you could get them for such a low price! But then, I've never been to Ikea--probably the only person in the world!

I keep thinking we should get a set, but there's not a lot of room to put it! Never thought I'd be saying that, living in a HOUSE!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Ikea rocks!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

When I was getting my hair cut before I went on vacation I was telling my stylist that I would probably go to Ikea while I was away. She said "Oh, that's cool." Then she said, "Who am I kidding, I've never been there." She thought she was the only too. So there you go, there are two of you.

We're going to put this in the basement, right at the bottom of the stairs, kind of behind the computer desk. You don't have the option of the basement. We wouldn't have room either if it had to be on the main floor!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home