Monday, April 16, 2007

Halfway

This past Saturday marked the official halfway point in my pregnancy. It just seems to be flying by.

Of course, the casual observer still wouldn't be 100% certain that I'm pregnant just from looking at me, but I can see how much I'm showing. I haven't posted another picture because it's still really hard to capture that in a picture. I get teased a lot by my co-workers about my lack of a belly, but what can you do? The baby is growing on schedule so that's all I can hope for. My maternity pants aren't falling down as much as they used to, so something is happening!

My weight is up about 6 lbs from my normal weight, but when you consider that I also lost 6 lbs at the beginning then that puts me up about 12 lbs. Or at least that's what I tell myself. My hips measurement is up about 8 inches and my waist measurement is up about 10 inches.

The coolest part is that I'm starting to feel a lot of movement now. When I'm relaxing after supper is usually the best time. There have even been a few times when Nick has been able to feel it from the outside which is cool for him too.

Also at the halfway point we aren't much closer to deciding on a girl's name than we were at the beginning. We had a good boy's name picked out from when Darcy was born, so we're sticking with that. I've got a whole post written about the naming struggles, with some of our options included but Nick isn't sure if he's comfortable with me posting it. Stay tuned on that.

I'm still nauseous and gagging frequently, so I'm back on the medication twice a day. I'd prefer not to be, but this way I can live my life pretty normally. All in all it's going pretty well.

On a Darcy note, I took her out for breakfast on Saturday morning, just the two of us. She was pretty excited about the idea, a little too excited. We sat in a booth facing each other, she in a booster-seat provided by the restaurant. At one point she was so busy trying to look at something that she tipped her booster seat right over. She went all the way down to the floor and smashed her head on the floor. Oh the screams! I felt like a candidate for mother of the year. The waitress brought her a balloon and all was well. I sat beside her for the rest of the meal (which was good because friends of ours came in and ended up joining us). She's got a good bump on her head. It's not the first and it surely won't be the last.

__________________________________________________
My Mom doesn't like adding comments, but after reading the last paragraph she emailed to tell me about a time when they took us camping when we were kids. I was probably a bit younger than Darcy is now. The kids had been put to bed while the adults stayed at the fire. I was so busy peeking out the window trying to see what was going on at the campfire that I fell out of my top bunk! Like mother, like daughter, I guess!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, of course, the only name you should be considering is Stephanie.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home