Monday, July 21, 2008

Darcy's Latest Escapade

Yesterday at naptime I could hear all kinds of crazy sounds coming from Darcy's room. Finally I went in and asked what was going on. I asked her if she had been jumping on the bed and her response was, "Yes, but it was just by accident." It was all I could do not to burst out laughing in front of her. We had a little chat about how that's not safe and then she said, "I didn't know I couldn't stand on my bed." Yeah, right. I'm supposed to believe that she can remember what shirt she wore the one day she went to day care a year and a half ago but she can't remember the main "big girl bed" rule that is constantly reinforced around here.

I put a little note about it as my status on facebook yesterday which apparently made my father-in-law laugh. I've mentioned before that Papa is Darcy's favourite person in the world. He called us later in the evening to have a laugh about the whole thing and he talked to Darcy about it himself. He asked her about jumping on the bed and why she did it and she said, "It was fun." While she was saying that she looked at me with an incredibly guilty expression on her face.

So apparently she has no trouble lying to Mommy's face but she can't lie t Papa 1000 km away over the phone! If this keeps up Papa may need to move in with us when she's a teenager.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse me while I snicker to myself!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home