Friday, July 11, 2008

Stair Master

We're quickly learning that Wesley is going to keep us on our toes. He's a much more active baby than Darcy ever was and much more daring. Darcy is still timid about climbing some things but Wesley seems to have no fear. He wants to climb everything he can get near. I tell you, you can't turn your back on this boy for a second!

The way our basement is set up it is impossible to put a gate on the stairs to prevent him from climbing up. I'm trying whatever I can to keep him from constantly escaping to the stairs. Darcy has an easel set up beside the stairs so I used that for a time to block access to the stairs. It worked for a little while but then he found a way to go over the side and up the stairs. I swear he's part monkey. Instead of blocking it I just spend most of my time following him up the stairs, carrying him back down and starting again. We've got a Little Tikes slide in the back yard and he can now climb it, sit down at the top and get himself down the slide with very little help from anyone else. Darcy wouldn't have tried anything like that at her age.

On a different note, our big vacation for this year is a cruise that Nick and I have booked (sans kids) for the fall to celebrate our 10th anniversary (August 29th). We still wanted to do something interesting this summer so we've agreed to help out at a music camp being run in Quebec the first week of August. That will be fun, but still a lot of work for us so we've decided to take a mini-vacation next week. We don't want to go far so we've settled on London, Ontario. There are two places there I've wanted to check out for a while, The Children's Museum and Storybook Gardens. There's also a water park we've heard about but I don't know if that's what we're looking for. We waiting until we get a bit closer to the date to check out the weather forecast. London doesn't seem like a typical tourist destination but these two places sound pretty cool and I think the kids will really enjoy their time there. There might even be stuff for Wesley to climb on!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Wesley will find a lot to climb on. Probably even things he shouldn't climb on!

Have fun!

Lucas is STILL at the climbing stage!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Bah! Don't tell me that!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The acorn does not fall far from the tree!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home