Thursday, July 03, 2008

Amazing Find

Sometimes you find the greatest things when you're not even looking.

I've always had pretty big problems with getting blisters with new shoes. It seems that no matter what shoes I buy or how much I spend on them, I get blisters. Stef wrote about a similar problem here and the comments there show we're not alone.

It's been a constant frustration for me, but I might have found a solution.

While walking through Shopper's Drug Mart the other night this product just happened to catch my eye. It's a balm that you apply directly to your feet in problem areas before putting on your shoes. It works as a barrier between your foot and the shoe, preventing blisters. I figured it was worth a shot. I tried it with some flip flops that had been giving me trouble and it worked like a miracle. The next day I tried it with some cute little running shoes I had just picked up and was amazed at how well it worked. I'm sold!

You will want to carry it in your purse if you're going to be out for a couple of hours because you might need to reapply. Fortunately the tube is really small so that's easy to do. If you've got sensitive feet, you might want to look this stuff up!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might have to look for that!

Sounds weird, but I get blisters from 'proper' running shoes, so I wear the canvas $5 shoes. Although 'proper' running shoes for me cost around $20, so that might be a factor!

I also bought a pair of 'fisherman' sandals back when they were in style and couldn't wear them, because the blisters started right away.

Guess it is fairly common. Thought it was just me!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How very, very interesting. I will have to look for that.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a lot of those kinds of products also at The Running Room stores. It is called Body Glide and is mainly used for runners who have to deal with chaffing, but also works for blisters.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home