Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thanks for the Memories

When I first found out I was pregnant with Wesley, one of my first thoughts was to despair over the fact that I would be at my most pregnant in the hottest part of the summer. That turned out not to be an issue because one year ago today I was admitted to the hospital and spent the six hottest weeks of the summer in captivity.

Earlier this week my friend had a baby girl and Darcy and I went to the hospital to visit them. While we were there she wanted to visit the atrium, a visiting area we went to nearly every day. It was weird for me to be there again. It seemed like no time had passed. The same books were there and Darcy and I read one together again. At least this time I could walk in the room myself instead of being pushed in wheelchair.

It all seems like a big blur to me now, except for the memory of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I've ever eaten in my life. I still haven't figured out what the secret was but I haven't been able to make one at home that is nearly as good. I'm not interested in going back for a sandwich though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A year gone! Time sure flies. I'm sure you can hardly think of a time without Wesley now.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess no matter what you had planned for this summer, it'll be better then last summer!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home