Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Big Girl Bed Success Continues

We seem to be swimming along with Darcy's transition to the big girl bed. It seems too good to last and we're waiting for her to realize she can get out of bed on her own, but she's still lying there every morning waiting for us to get her. It's amazing.

She's been in the big bed for about a month now. She's gotten out twice at nap times and once at bedtime. That's a pretty good record.

One thing that I thought was helping us was the fact that we had kept her crib up in her room in case the transition didn't go smoothly and she needed to go back in the crib. We quickly saw that wasn't going to be the case, but we just didn't have time to get the crib taken down. Her room is very small and having the crib and the bed in there has made it pretty tight in there.

Nick is on midnights this week, so he's been sleeping all day while I've been at work. When he got up yesterday afternoon he took the crib down. So I wondered if the extra space would give her a sense of freedom. I guess not. When I went in to get her this morning she said, "Mommy, you came! I've been waiting and waiting for you." Then she crawled down to the foot of her bed and hopped out.

I love this kid!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CJ was an easy switch to his big boy bed too...Kai on the other hand - I'm not so sure will go as well. I'm dreading switching him! CJ will go to bed at night and sing and chat for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs, and stays in his bed the whole time...yep, and he is just turning 3 tomorrow!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a riot!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

Are you just writing these blogs to TORTURE me or what!?!?!? :o)

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure she gives cousin Lucas some tips when the time comes!!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home