Monday, August 18, 2008

Back Home

We are all finally back home in Windsor. We arrived Saturday evening, just around supper time. It was great having some bonus time with my family (even though the circumstances were sad) but it's really good to get the kids home and back into their routines.

If it can be said, Uncle Dale's funeral was wonderful. Everyone had great memories of him and I heard some stories I had never heard before and my cousin sang beautifully (which brought out more than a few tears). You were one of a kind, Uncle Dale and you will be greatly missed.

One really good thing that happened while we were away is that Wesley's separation anxiety improved greatly. He was still having a rough time at the beginning of our week at camp but he got better towards the end and was really good during our week in Cambridge. I'm really happy about that.

Now that we're at home my big project is to get this boy weaned. I nursed Darcy for 13 months but by the time she was a year old I was nursing her a lot less than I'm still nursing him now. I'm still doing three feedings a day for him because he's not taking enough consistently from his cup. Our doctor told me that I might have to be "cruel to be kind" on this one and let him get a little hungry sometime so he'll know he needs to drink from his cup. I think that today I will cut back to two feedings a day and in a couple of weeks I'll only be nursing him before bed. I'll shorten that feeding every night until it goes away. Hopefully by the end of September the nursing will be a thing of the past. That will give him plenty of time to forget about it and develop his routine without nursing before Nick and I go on our cruise in November.

It sounds really easy when I write it down here. We'll see how it works in reality!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Cruise? WHAT CRUISE???

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, the big 10th wedding anniversary cruise. AND I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ON A SINGLE CRUISE EVER. Hmph...

3:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I am glad you guys have finally made it home safely!!! I just wanted to say again what a great week we had with you guys at camp. We definatley have to get together some time through the year!!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home