Saturday, December 02, 2006

Who is this kid?


If you saw Nick's blog the other day, you saw the first picture of Darcy's black eye. Here is she is, three days later, still with a pretty good shiner. Poor little thing. But you've got to love that Elmo shirt! She sure does.

Tonight at supper I had to use a sentence that I didn't think I would ever have to use in my role as a parent.

"Darcy, stop eating your peas and eat some chicken nuggets, please."

I kid you not. We were having a fun Saturday night supper of chicken nuggets and fries, so I threw the peas in for some health benefit. She ate some fries right away and then started eating the peas. And eating the peas and eating the peas. Did I mention she eats them one at a time? Anyway, her chicken was just sitting there getting cold, so I had to try to get her to eat the chicken before it was completely cold and inedible.

Sometimes I just can't figure this kid out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

I know where you're coming from, Sue! I have a daughter who requires her own personal family-sized bowl of salad...

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas??? I shudder (no, gag) to think of them. Where's she getting that from?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Stef, I knew you'd love that story!

We don't even normally keep peas in the house but my mom had bought some for a dinner she made the last time she was here. She loves peas and always serves them so it must be something Darcy gets from my side of the family. It's certainly not something she's picked up from either of her parents. Blech!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home