Friday, January 19, 2007

Rough Afternoon

We were planning a nice evening at home tonight. We were going to have some friends over for supper tonight for the first time. That all changed when I got to the babysitters and saw that Darcy wasn't wearing the clothes we sent her in this morning. In fact, she wasn't wearing her own clothes at all.

She had just thrown up all over herself. Out of the blue, no warning, just big "throw ups". I got her in the car and off we went home. She seemed great, and asked for a drink so I gave her some water. Big mistake. Halfway home she threw up again. I called Nick so he could cancel our dinner guests (with half an hour's notice and the chicken already cooked).

We got her home and cleaned her up (with much gagging on my part) and she's seemed to be fine ever since. She ate some plain bread for supper and has had small bits of water to drink. She also got a Pedialyte freezie. We'll see how she does through the night.

While she was eating her bread at supper time, she reached out and took my hand. She looked into my eyes and said, "You're the best Mommy." Very sweet. She let go, then took my hand again and said, "This is the best Christmas ever!"

I hope that means she's feeling better.

3 Comments:

Blogger kathryn said...

your little girl is just hilarious, Sue! So sorry to hear she's got the pukes. . hope you and Nick don't get that!! (esp. you. that's all you need!!!)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Boy, seems we both had hard days being moms: Darcy with the pukes, Dylan with cooties! Ahh, the joys of motherhood!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be tired of hearing me say "Darcy is a riot!", but it's true and I just can't help myself.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home